Sunday, April 15, 2012

Having Fun With My New Camera!

For my birthday this year, my husband bought me a really nice camera that I have always been wanting. He understands my love of photography, and the way I ever-so-carefully chronicle the special moments in my children's live through detailed scrapbooks and make the memories come alive. I love photographing my kids but I was always disappointed in my camera. I see all of these lovely pictures from photographers and artistic styles that totally move me, but I just couldn't get those feelings to come alive in my photos!

So, I took a 2 hour class to learn things about my camera and photographing kids, words that were totally foreign to me like "aperature" (I'm still not sure if I even spelled that right). I learned you should NEVER operate your camera on automatic mode, nor should you EVER use a flash! Who knew? So - I have been practicing using my camera in manual mode, playing around with shutter speed, lighting, and yes...apperature (bluriness in the background - that cool artistic effect). Anyway, poor Quinny got to be my guinnea-pig today for our little photo shoot which incidentally ended with him peeing all over the bed....luckily I ever so strategically placed him on Kevin's side of the bed!! LOL. Well, it was Sunday anyway, which was laundry day.

Hope you enjoy the photo shoot!



i



I am pretty sure this was just when he was peeing - see his crinkled up forehead...and the wet shadow underneath his body.





Vist Baby Chadwick's CaringBridge Blog: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mandychadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment